Join us for ‘Member only’ benefits:
- Tranquil and convenient meeting space in the centre of Exeter.
- Magnificent early 19th century galleried library for reading and relaxation.
- Quiet and airy study space in the upper Reading Room with spectacular views of the Cathedral.
- Wifi throughout the building.
- Daily and weekend newspapers and a range of weekly and monthly journals and magazines.
- Members’ self-service refreshments and snacks available daily in the Courtenay Room.
- Access to a unique reference library comprising over thirty thousand books and periodicals, and collections of maps, ephemera, prints and drawings, six days per week.
- Borrowing of up to six books or DVDs from our modern collection.
- Bookable spaces for members’ study and research with specialist support from the library team.
- An exciting programme of events, lectures and visits for members and their guests.
- Members’ interest groups, including a film club and book group.
- Saturday morning Bookworms’ club for Junior Members and their adults.
- On-line subscription to the London Library and use of the digital microfilm reader.
- A member discount for our bookable meeting rooms.
- Specialist training and volunteering opportunities for members.
There are several types of membership available. Come and chat to us in the office to see which is best for you and your family.
|Additional family member||£45.00|
|Couple (two people living at the same address)||£138.00|
|Junior Membership (Under 18s)||£12.00|
|Temporary Membership (three months)||£47.00|
|Group Membership (available to other Educational Charitable Trusts)||Please apply to the Membership Secretary|
|Non Members research day pass (up to 3 per year)||£10.00|
|Non Members research week pass (1 per year)||£25.00|
|Life Membership||Please apply to the Membership Secretary|
|University of Exeter Membership||£0 (Funded by the University)|
|Corporate Membership (up to three individuals from the same business)||Please apply to the Membership Secretary|
We charge ‘One-off’ joining fee of £15 per membership .
You may purchase membership online and then provide identification to the office to validate your application.
Alternatively, a hard copy of the application form is available from the office.
Please ring the bell to gain entry to the Institution and ask for the Membership Secretary.