Reasons to join up and become a member
- Tranquil and convenient meeting space in the centre of Exeter.
- Magnificent early 19th century galleried library for reading and relaxation.
- Quiet and airy study space in the upper Reading Room with spectacular views of the Cathedral.
- Wifi throughout the building.
- Daily and weekend newspapers and a range of weekly and monthly journals and magazines.
- Members’ self-service refreshments and snacks available daily in the Courtenay Room.
- Access to a unique reference library comprising over thirty thousand books and periodicals, and collections of maps, ephemera, prints and drawings, six days per week.
- Borrowing of up to six books or DVDs from our modern collection.
- Bookable spaces for members’ study and research with specialist support from the library team.
- An exciting programme of events, lectures and visits for members and their guests.
- Members’ interest groups, including a film club, book, gardening and research groups.
- Monthly Saturday morning Bookworms’ club for Junior Members and their adults.
- On-line subscription to the London Library and use of the digital microfilm reader.
- A member discount for our bookable meeting rooms.
- Specialist training and volunteering opportunities for members.
There are several membership options available. Come and chat to us in the office to see which is best for you and your family.
|Additional family member||£50.00|
|Couple (two people living at the same address)||£150.00|
|Junior Membership (Under 18s)||£12.00|
|Temporary Membership (three months)||£50.00|
|Non Members research day pass (up to 3 per year)||£10.00|
|Non Members research week pass (1 per year)||£25.00|
|University of Exeter Membership||FoC (Funded by the University)|
You may purchase membership online and then provide identification to the office to validate your application. We charge ‘One-off’ joining fee of £15 per membership .
Alternatively, a hard copy of the application form is available from the office.
Please ring the bell to gain entry to the Institution and ask for the Membership Secretary.