Join us to enjoy ‘Member only’ benefits:
- Full access to a unique library comprising over thirty thousand books, six days per week.
- Borrowing rights for books dating from the past one hundred years.
- Full access to a unique reference collection of antiquarian prints, maps, drawings and ephemera.
- Bookable spaces for members’ study and research with specialist support from the library team.
- An exciting programme of events, lectures and visits for members and their guests.
- Members’ interest groups, including film club and book group.
- Saturday morning Bookworms’ club for Junior Members and their adults.
- Daily newspapers and a range of weekly and monthly journals and magazines.
- On-line subscription to the London Library and use of the digital microfilm reader.
- A member discount for our bookable meeting rooms.
- Specialist training and volunteering opportunities for members.
- A daily lunch service in the Courtenay Room, from 12 noon – 1.30 pm for members and their guests.
- Members’ self-service refreshments and freshly baked cakes available daily.
- A tranquil and convenient meeting space in the centre of Exeter.
There are many different types of membership available. Please see our website or pop into the office to see which is best for you and your family.
Subscription Rates (from January 2018)
|Additional family member||£45.00|
|Couple (two people living at the same address)||£138.00|
|Junior Membership (Under 18s)||£12.00|
|Temporary Membership (three months)||£47.00|
|Group Membership (available to other Educational Charitable Trusts)||Please apply to the Membership Secretary|
|Non Members research day pass (up to 3 per year)||£10.00|
|Non Members research week pass (1 per year)||£25.00|
|Life Membership||Please apply to the Membership Secretary|
|University of Exeter Membership||£0 (Currently funded by the University)|
|Corporate Membership (up to three individuals from the same business)||Please apply to the Membership Secretary|
A ‘One-off’ joining fee of £15 per subscription will be required on acceptance as a Member plus the subscription due.
You may purchase membership online and then provide identification to the DEI office to validate your application.
Alternatively, a hard copy of the application form is available from the DEI office.
Please ring the bell to gain entry to the Institution and ask for the Membership Secretary.