Call for Papers: “Community Culture”
The Devon & Exeter Institution invites you to respond to its annual call for papers, interacting with the theme of “Community Culture.” Proposals may consider, but are not limited to the following topics:
• Collective Memories
• Regional Representations/People and Place
• The local and the global
• Networks and Neurodiversity
• Clubs, societies, and groups
• Collaborative Learning/Creative Practice & Outreach
• Feasts and Folklore
• Spaces to speak/ Meeting houses and forums
• Community living
• Community Parks, Green Spaces and Urban Gardens
• Connections and Conversations
• A suggested topic of your choosing.
Please submit an abstract of 250-500 words by 02 September 2021. Should your abstract be accepted, papers may be given on a Tuesday lunchtime or Saturday afternoon, depending on your availability. We also welcome proposals for panel discussions/ collaborative papers on any of the above themes.
Preference will be given to papers that reference items in our collection (catalogue available through the University of Exeter), though this is not an absolute requirement. We welcome abstracts that interact with our early science collection as well as our literature and history collection, and we are particularly keen to welcome early career and postgraduate researchers.
Early career researchers please contact [email protected]
Established speakers please contact [email protected]