Join us to enjoy ‘Member only’ benefits:
- Full access to a unique library comprising over thirty thousand books, six days per week.
- Borrowing rights for books dating from the past one hundred years.
- Full access to a unique reference collection of antiquarian prints, maps, drawings and ephemera.
- Bookable spaces for members’ study and research with specialist support from the library team.
- An exciting programme of events, lectures and visits for members and their guests.
- Members’ interest groups, including film club and book group.
- Saturday morning Bookworms’ club for Junior Members and their adults.
- Daily newspapers and a range of weekly and monthly journals and magazines.
- On-line subscription to the London Library and use of the digital microfilm reader.
- A member discount for our bookable meeting rooms.
- Specialist training and volunteering opportunities for members.
- A daily lunch service in the Courtenay Room, from 12 noon – 1.30 pm for members and their guests.
- Members’ self-service refreshments and freshly baked cakes available daily.
- A tranquil and convenient meeting space in the centre of Exeter.
There are many different types of membership available. Please see our website or pop into the office to see which is best for you and your family.
Subscription Rates (from January 2017)
|Additional family member||£42.00|
|Temporary Member (3 months)||£44.00|
|Junior Membership (Under 18s)||£12.00|
|University Membership (Open to Students and Staff at the University of Exeter)||£0|
|Group Membership (available to other Educational Charitable Trusts)||£100.00|
|Non Members research / enquiry fee (per hour)||£10.00|
A ‘One-off’ joining fee of £15 per adult will be required on acceptance as a Member plus the subscription due.
You may purchase membership online and then provide identification to the DEI office to validate your application.
Alternatively, a hard copy of the application form available from the DEI office.
Please ring the bell to gain entry to the Institution and ask for the Assistant Secretary.